Use of this website is governed by the following terms and conditions. Your use of this website indicates acceptance. Gig and a Bit reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Penrose Business Systems Pty. Ltd. ABN 77 093 672 130 Trading as Gig and a Bit Computers hereafter referred to as “Gig and a Bit”, “us”, “our”, “we”
The customer is the individual using this website and is referred to as “Customer”, “You”, “Your”
Use of Website Licence
• Gig and a Bit grants you a limited licence to use this website for personal use. You may not download (except for browser page caching), modify it or otherwise attempt to retrieve the source code, without written consent from Gig and a Bit.
• This website and its contents may not be sold, resold, duplicated, copied, reproduced without the written consent of Gig and a Bit.
Product Descriptions and Product Images
• Gig and a Bit attempt to provide accurate descriptions wherever possible, however Gig and a Bit do not warrant that product descriptions or images are accurate, complete or error free. Content is provided from our suppliers and manufacturers and is taken on good will. If a product you purchase is not as it is described your remedy is to return it in an unused condition for a full refund of the purchase price of the product.
• Gig and a Bit do not guarantee compatibility between all hardware and software. It is your responsibility to ensure that the product you intend to purchase is suitable for your intended purpose. Where ever possible Gig and a Bit will try and assist in providing compatibility information.
• Gig and a Bit make no express or implied warranty that a product will be fit for a specific purpose, unless requested to do so in writing or email prior to ordering. Please refer to our returns policy if you need to return a product due to compatibility reasons.
• Every effort is made to ensure that information including product availability is accurate. Stock availability is updated every 24 hours, including availability from our suppliers.
• The website is designed for normal domestic order quantities. Should you have an “abnormal” or “bulk” purchase request, we suggest you make a formal request either by telephone or e-mail to confirm that there are sufficient stock levels available prior to ordering.
• Should an item be sold out between the website being updated and your order being placed, you will be given the option of a full refund on the specific item not available or the option of having the item placed on back order. If the item has been placed on back order you will be given an ETA (estimated time of arrival). This will only be an estimated time as we will be relying on information provided to us by our suppliers. Issues out of our control can affect the ETA provided. Gig and a Bit do not warrant that the ETA provided to you will be accurate or guaranteed.
• All prices quoted on this web site are excluding delivery charges and are based on in store pickup. Delivery charges are quoted at time of checkout based on your delivery state.
• Products will typically be delivered by Australia Post, however Gig and a Bit at it's discretion may arrange an alternative delivery service and may utilise the courier services of it's suppliers.
• Gig and a Bit will not accept customer arranged couriers, you must either collect the goods in person or accept our delivery service.
• Gig and a Bit will not deliver to any address outside of Australia and will not accept payment from any overseas Credit Card.
• It is your responsibility to provide accurate delivery addresses. Gig and a Bit will not be liable for any missing deliveries due to any incorrect address being supplied by the customer.
• You must be available to sign for and accept the delivery, Gig and a Bit will not deliver to PO Boxes. Any costs incurred by multiple redelivery attempts will be borne by the customer.
• In the event of a refund, delivery charges are not refundable unless Gig and a Bit is at fault.
• Goods sent by Australia Post will be sent Registered Post.
• Claims for damage and theft of consignment must be reported to Gig and a Bit. If the received consignment has damaged packaging, do not open the individual goods or use them, as it will be deemed as acceptance of delivery and will not be accepted for return. All original packaging and delivery boxes must be returned as proof of damage. All claims for damage, incorrect goods, incorrect billing must be reported to Gig and a Bit within 24 hours of receiving delivery.
• Gig and a Bit do not accept returns based on change of mind, incorrectly ordered or unsuitable. Any returns in this category will be at Gig and a Bit’s discretion and may attract a restocking fee. If a written express warranty was provided in relation to a product’s suitability then a return under this category would be accepted.
• Gig and a Bit offer a 7 (seven) day Dead on Arrival policy. If a product is found to be faulty within this period, Gig and a Bit will offer a replacement or a full refund of the product. Gig and a Bit may at its discretion choose to test the product first to conclude that it is faulty before any remedy is offered.
• If a product is received not as ordered or described. Please inform Gig and a Bit within 24 Hours (excluding non working days), do not open or use the products as it will be deemed as acceptance of the product.
• Outside of the 7 (seven) day Dead on Arrival policy all products are covered by a Manufacturers warranty. Gig and a Bit will process all claims for warranty unless the Manufacturer requests or has a direct warranty option to the customer. Depending on the age of the product being returned it will generally be repaired, upgraded or replaced with either a new or refurbished product at the manufacturer’s discretion.
• Warranty is only provided exclusively on products sold by Gig and a Bit and does not cover other products that are not purchased from Gig and a Bit
• “Lifetime” warranties on certain products refer to the lifetime of the product. That is the length of time that the product is available for. Each manufacturer’s policy is different and should be read in conjunction with these terms and conditions. Gig and a Bit make no additional warranties either express or implied in relation to “Lifetime” warranties.
• Computer Parts sold by Gig and a Bit are meant to be professionally installed. Improper installation and damage to products will not be covered under warranty. Professional installation service is available if required.
• Gig and a Bit will not be liable for any indirect, incidental or consequential loss resulting from the use of a product sold, unless allowed under the Australian Consumer Law Act 2010.
• Products that have been modified, tampered with, mishandled, misused, abused, improperly used, subject to power surges or other electrical faults will not be covered under warranty.
• The above warranty does not remove any rights you may have under a consumer guarantee provided by the Australian Consumer Law Act 2010.
• All prices quoted include 10% GST. We do not charge any credit card surcharges. Quoted pricing however does not include freight or installation charges.
• All prices are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to cancel your order should there be a major price movement beyond our control either upwards or downwards. In this event you will receive a full refund and be offered the product at the new price.
and Liability Statement
This website is owned and operated by Gig and a Bit and is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Gig and a Bit will not be responsible for any misprints, omissions or typographical errors. Gig and a Bit make no representations or warranties of any kind either expressed or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Gig and a Bit does not warrant that this site or other communications sent from Gig and a Bit are free of viruses or other harmful components. Gig and a Bit will take no responsibility for any link to any third party website. Gig and a Bit will not be liable for any damages arising from the use of this website, including, but not limited to direct or indirect loss or damages, incidental, punitive or consequential damages, except where applicable under the Australian Consumer Law act 2010.
Copyright and Trademarks
This website including its source code remains the exclusive property of Gig and a Bit. Its content including but not limited to text, graphics, product images is the property of its content suppliers and protected under international copyright laws. All trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Gig and a Bit collects and stores customer details for the exclusive purpose of processing the customers order. Gig and a Bit does not disclose, sell, trade or provide any collected information to any third parties.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of Victoria, Australia. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the state of Victoria in respect to any matters arising or relating to these Terms and Conditions.