RJ45M – RJ45M Cat6 Flat Network Cable 2m (Blister Pack) - Yellow
This item is In Stock at the Warehouse
Item will ship within 48 Hours
Delivery Charges are available when you click Add to Cart
These Cat6 Flat network cables fit easily between cramped spaces improving the look of your home or office because they are perfect to fit under carpets, up walls, and even behind furniture.
The cables are only a slim 1.4mm thick that gives a plenty of ventilation room for network rack wiring. It is a great advantage over ordinary network cables that add more bulk to your work space.
These Cat6 Flat network cables provide the quality needed to assure the best performance in today's high speed networks that feature enhanced electrical performance to support applications which require more bandwidth. They are backwards compatible with any 10BaseT or 100BaseT network cards and hubs.
With performance of up to 550MHz, these cables are constructed of 4 flat pairs of 32AWG stranded copper wire with a PVC jacket. The RJ45 connectors have 50 micron gold plated contacts to resist corrosion and degradation.
- Some patch cables use copper clad aluminium wire (CCA), a cheap alternative to pure copper. This wire has an aluminium conductor coated with copper. These Cat6 flat network cables are made of 100% copper wire, which has a higher tensile strength to resist damage and strain from typical use. CCA wire also has a higher attenuation than pure copper, which results in slower networks and data transmission on longer runs.
- Gold helps reduce corrosion over time from humidity exposure, thus reducing performance degradation. The higher the gold content, the better quality connection you will have and the longevity of your cable life increases. 50 micron is the highest grade of gold content available in contacts, which is standard for all these Cat6 flat network patch cables.
- CM represents Communications Standards. It means the PVC jacket is rated for general use in areas that do not require plenum or riser rated jackets. PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) is the vinyl material used in most general purpose cable jackets.
- This is a set of three standards set forth by the Telecommunications Industry Association which define the design of structured cabling. It ensures the cables perform to the most recent advances in technology. It specifies the pair assignments and termination of twisted pair cabling. these Cat6 flat network patch cables network meet or exceed these standards.
- UL stands for Underwriters Laboratories, an OSHA-approved non-profit independent product safety council which sets forth standards for mechanical, electrical, and chemical products. The UL performs continuous testing on products even after certification, and often makes surprise visits to manufacturing companies to ensure they are meeting their UL certification standards. All these Cat6 flat network patch cables are UL listed.
- RoHS is the Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive set forth by the European Union. It restricts the use of hazardous substances in product construction in an attempt to reduce technology waste and environmental damage. It is most well known for its effort to eliminate lead from product construction. These Cat6 flat network patch cables are RoHS compliant.
- Stranded means the wire is more flexible and contains many tiny strands of wire bound together within each individual wire. Stranded wire is most commonly used in patch cables due to its pliability. The alternative is solid cable, which means each individual wire is made up of one solid core wire. It is more rigid and can carry a stronger signal than stranded wire, so it is ideal for longer runs and outdoor applications.
- Due to a longitudinal separator which further reduces cross talk, Cat6 cable exceeds the capabilities of Cat5 cable. Cat5 cable operates up to 350MHz, while Cat6 cable operates up to 550MHz. Cat6 is backwards compatible with Cat5 cabling.
- The maximum Cat6 cable run should be no more than 328 feet. Anything over this will require an active repeater or some type of signal amplifier.